Back in the day, I used to have grand plans of my travel skin care routine. Firstly, I brought nearly ALL my make up (just in case), I packed my full size shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, hair grooming products, moisturizer, serum, cleanser, the exfoliator I used once & an eye gel. Ideally I took most of them in the carry on, since I was planning to have DIY spa routine on the plane.
THAT NEVER HAPPENED.
So I’ve changed tactics & these days I have my new travel skin care routine -light version. Here’s what I bring:
Travel skin care routine (light)
- Deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste (obviously)
- A face oil. If you have a good face oil, you don’t need to bring a moisturizer. Especially if you’re only going to be away for a few days. (Also a good face oil can work as a make up remover, if you want to travel ultra light)
- A face cleanser
- Shaver & tweezers (you know why)
- I rarely bring shampoo, conditioner and body wash since most hotels provide these. However, I admit I tend to stay at nicer hotels now than I use to. If you’re bag packing and planning to stay at hostels/ AirBnB bring your own stuff , but in mini bottles. Your bag will have more room & be MUCH lighter. Also you can use products for different things, as I’ve written about before.
- Hairbrush. I rarely use any hair care products (my face oil usually works for that as well if needed). However, I have Nordic, easily tamed hair so if you have a different type of hair and need your grooming I would pack that too.
- Minimal make up: foundation, multi-purpose blush/eye shadow (Daniel Sandler water colors are great), a black eye liner, mascara and lip gloss (which I find more useful than a lipstick).
Finally, at the airport I buy a bottle of dry shampoo since this usually doesn’t pass through security.
PS. I’m not sponsored by Daniel Sandler, just think his products are fantastic and I like the brand.