Swedes don’t like fuzz; we look for simplicity & sustainability. Climate change has been top of the agenda for decades and Swedes are now taking sustainable beauty to a new level. Here’s some examples of what beauty people in Stockholm are up to:
- Detoxing the bathroom – Swedes are replacing all skin- body & hair care products with natural alternatives, including packaging.
- Natural oils are a big deal; not only face oils, but also bath & shower oils. Many use oils instead of soap. Natural oils are excellent as mild body wash that leaves your skin smooth and hydrated. (No need for a body lotion either).
- Sustainable hair care. Large Swedish brands are all launching natural, SLS free products with sustainable packaging. Real enthusiasts don’t even use shampoo anymore – they only use baking soda. (Full disclosure, baking soda is a bit too natural for me).
- Soap is gaining ground. It lasts longer & requires less packaging than a hand wash. Minimal pollution & waste.
- Clays, natural clays are very popular as facials, exfoliators & even shampoo (Works surprisingly well actually.)
Are you ready to beauty like a Swede?